Hey cold emailers, do you find yourselves concerned with your open rate?
Cold email deliverability is a super important topic, because if you don’t deliver properly, you don’t give yourself a chance to get your emails opened or replied to. So we decided to cover this topic in two episodes. This week, we’ll dive into the often overlooked technical side of sending cold email to inbox properly. Next week, we’ll go over everything you need to know about writing emails to maximize your deliverability.
Tune in and let’s start!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What are the useful tools and indicators that will tell you if your emails are delivered to your prospect’s inbox?
- How automation tools affect the technical side of deliverability
- Technical details of setting up your cold email domain correctly and what to do if you’re not tech savvy
- What is the acceptable bounce rate for your cold emails and how to clean up your list before sending?
- What are the best sending patterns to ensure your emails inbox properly?
- How does flagging your email as spam affect your cold email deliverability?
- A few more technical tips for testing deliverability and open rate
Episode #009 – Marketing Automation for Cold Email?
The Ultimate Cold Email Checklist
How to configure SPF? https://support.google.com/a/answer/178723?hl=en
How to verify your domain step by step? https://support.google.com/a/topic/1409901
What is DKIM? https://support.google.com/a/answer/174124?hl=en
Check your SPF and DKIM keys: https://www.mail-tester.com/spf-dkim-check
Spam testing tool: https://glockapps.com/
Email address verification: http://www.briteverify.com/, https://kickbox.io/
How do you manage the transition in communications from a lead to a customer? Eventually, they will need to wind up in your other email, right?
Nice episode, really like the series! One question: does using a reply-to address affects your deliverability?
Hard to know for sure, depends on each ESP (email service provider)