Hey folks, this week we talk about authority as another weapon of influence that you can bake into your cold email campaign.
According to research, we feel a sense of duty or obligation to the people in the position of authority. Therefore you’ll learn how to use authority in cold email to gain more credibility and inspire attention and trust from your prospects.
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The theory behind authority and how it can impact your cold email campaign
- Why is using authority so tricky and why cold emailers tend to refrain from it?
- Why telling people “you’re an expert” is a bad idea and what you should do instead
- How to start shaping the opinion your recipients by changing the photo in your email signature
- How to use authority just to enhance your cold email, rather than use it as a content of your campaign
- What are the subtle clues that will make your prospects think you are an expert in a field?
- The right timing for using authority in your cold email sequence in order to close a deal
The best case scenario for your cold email would be that you actually ARE an authority in a field. However, if you are still reaching that point, remember that it’s not necessary to use authority as an influence factor per se. You can choose among other influence factors that we cover in episodes 032, 029, 024 and 019.
Happy cold emailing,
Jeremy and Jack
- Influence: the Psychology of Persuasion, a book by Robert Cialdini
- Episode #032 – The Power of Micro-Commitments in Cold Emails
- Episode #029- Win Clients and Influence Prospects Using Liking
- Episode #024 – How to Use Scarcity in Your Cold Emails
- Episode #019 – The Fox and The Crow
P.S. and YES, you should absolutely use a P.S. in your email. If you got some value from this episode, please leave us a 2 sentence review on iTunes, Stitcher or Tune-in. It’s a quick way to help other growth-minded folks like us find this podcast, send awesome emails and make everyone’s inbox a better place.