Hey cold emailers, we are approaching May 25th, the date when GDPR, a new law to protect the privacy of EU citizens will be enforced. In this cast, we’re doing the GDPR teardown and debunking some of the noise seen on the internet’s most popular blog posts and articles. Tune in as we are exposing some of the new regulation’s biggest flaws and issues. Let’s get to it!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why small companies and startups may suffer more than Fortune 500 marketers under the new legislation?
- How to define the metrics that show whether prospects are interested in receiving emails from you?
- Who is the real “bad guy” who doesn’t seem to be sanctioned by GDPR?
- Strange loopholes anyone can exploit to legally spam all of Europe
- Are 20 million EUR fines realistic and what to expect from the first court cases?
- What to do about the trolls – persons whose sole business is to report GDPR breaches?
- What will be the effect of GDPR on European entrepreneurship and how competitive is Europe going to be after the law’s enforcement?
- What are other difficult-to-follow requirements that may put good companies out of business?
- How long will it be until the law is amended to be more practical and useful for startup companies?
- As GDPR unfolds, how to adjust ourselves?
Hopefully you are now more equipped to tell the difference between GDPR’s fact and fiction. Good things can still happen, just stay educated and intelligent in how you interpret and practice the law. Also, check out Episode 031 where we had a EU’s top compliance lawyer break down the GDPR for us. As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts, so drop us a line at our email.
List build carefully and email well!
Jeremy and Jack
P.S. Hey cold emailer, if you got some value from this episode, please leave us a 2 sentence review on iTunes, Stitcher or Tune-in. It’s a quick way to help other growth-minded folks like us find this podcast, send awesome emails and make everyone’s inbox a better place.