Hey folks, in today’s episode, we’re covering the #1 most common copywriting mistake found in cold emails. In short, it’s not about you, it’s about the prospect. We’ll give you examples, advice and resources so you can transition from writing self-centered cold emails to writing “prospect centered” cold emails. Tune in!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to simply reword any sentence in your email and start leading with the reader
- Why you should review and segment your prospect list first to make sure you are offering something that will get your prospects excited
- The 1-sentence mantra that will help you keep your prospect’s attention while reading your cold emails
- How to make your emails a “love story” rather than a “charity donation story”
- How to build credibility with your prospect without even talking about your company
- A few before and after examples of cold emails re-written using the advice given in this episode
- The only time you should use the word I in your cold emails
- The copywriting resource that will make everything to do with cold email writing easy
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode #039 – Using Reciprocity in Your Cold Emails to Drive Sales
- Episode #019 – The Fox and The Crow
- Episode #05 – How to Find Hot Leads?
- The Copywriter’s Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Copy That Sells, a book by Robert W. Bly
There you have it! Writing a prospect-centered email will automatically make you better than 90% of cold emails out there, and we’ve just shown you how to do it. As always, we’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts and examples, so shoot us an email.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack
P.S. Hey cold emailer, if you got some value from this episode, please leave us a 2 sentence review on iTunes, Stitcher or Tune-in. It’s a quick way to help other growth-minded folks like us find this podcast, send awesome emails and make everyone’s inbox a better place.