Are you A/B testing your cold emails?
In this cast we discuss the ins and outs of A/B testing – why you need to test, and also the right way to do it. We cover the main pitfalls to avoid when setting up successful A/B testing and give some actionable tips to double or even triple your reply rate easily. Enjoy!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why testing is important and how you will be rewarded for putting in the effort to test
- Revisiting your tests on a weekly basis to keep boosting your reply rates
- Why you need to make drastic changes in email variations, especially at the beginning of your campaign
- How to avoid the pitfall of approaching cold email A/B testing like a landing page
- What false positives are and how they can deceive you
- Why we recommend testing different segments of your list
- How to set up an A/B test within Quickmail
- Prioritizing the results over the metrics behind them
- Why you should forget about copying online templates
If you haven’t created an A/B test yet, now you know what you need to do to achieve your golden reply rate. You can find more useful tips in Episode 10 and Episode 23. Running tests serves to identify your “hottest prospects” so that you can focus your efforts on the most profitable group in your market. And at the end of the day, it’s revenue that matters, so do not hesitate to add sales labels in Quickmail, or your CRM, to track your campaign’s real results.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack
P.S. If you got some value from this episode, please leave us a 2 sentence review on iTunes, Stitcher or Tune-in. It’s a quick way to help other growth-minded folks like us find this podcast, send awesome emails and make everyone’s inbox a better place.