We are naturally skeptical anytime someone says that cold email “just doesn’t work for their business.” So before you think about quitting, listen to this. We talk about the 3 cases in which you should really give up and try something else. So, unless your boss told you to stop doing cold email (in which case, we don’t really have any advice for you), you should get some new ideas on how to move forward from this episode. Enjoy!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- When it makes sense to think that you have exhausted your prospect list
- How to know if your campaign is damaging a company reputation
- Quitting or pushing the pause button if you don’t want any new customers right now
- How to deal with the stage “cold email doesn’t work for me”
- The two cases when you should NOT call it quits
- What are the most frequent miss-expectations
- Giving yourself time to learn about cold emailing
- The benefits of paid consultations about using cold email for your business
- Is it time to quit when your successful tactic is becoming less effective and you are discovering new ways that work better
- What to do when you find yourself out of ideas to experiment with
Before you decide to throw in the towel and walk away from cold email, consider a few points we went through that may help you decide if you’re wasting your time, or just going through a rut. If you want to read more on this uplifting topic, check out Seth Godin’s book The Dip or 80/20 by Perry Marshall. Also, if you want to dive deeper into some of the topics we touched here, check out the episodes that cover these areas:
- #076 – The Secret to Never Running Out of Prospects
- #049 – What To Do When You’re Not Getting Enough Replies?
- #072 – Test this! 9 Simple Cold Email A/B Test Ideas
- #05 – How to Find Hot Leads?
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack