Hey cold emailers, today we are talking about Scraping. You’ll hear the 3 main advantages of collecting your own data compared to using a traditional databases, what you still need humans for, and why this is not as scary as it seems even for non-tech people. Enjoy!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What is web scraping and how we can turn websites into spreadsheets
- Google Chrome extensions that can scrape data
- How you can save time and money with scraping tools as opposed to using VA
- How to get the freshness and highest quality of data
- Using scraper to generate a list of super targeted companies, and Crunchbase and Yelp filtering options
- How personalization goes hand in hand with scraping while you are list building
- Why you still need a human to look through your spreadsheet
- Examples for being crazy personalized – applying keyword extraction at glassdoor.com
- Dynamic data as an advantage of scraping Vs. static databases (check out our episode with Monkeylearn)
- How skillful in tech you need to be for scraping
- How ethics goes along with scraping (check out Episode 28 with Dan Martell and his take on that)
Scraping is a cold email superpower – use it to build a super-targeted list AND add custom merge tags that makes your email stand out in a crowded inbox. But since it has become a hot topic in today’s courtrooms, please scrape responsibly.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack