Hey cold emailers! The simple fact of cold email is: if your message lands in the spam folder, nobody is going to read it. Luckily, there are 9 little-known steps anyone can follow to get their emails to safely land in the inbox, every time. Follow along with this updated “checklist episode” as Jeremy and I show you the right way to set up a cold email campaign from scratch in 2019.
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why you need to create a separate domain for cold email campaign in the first place and how to set it up
- How to decide which email provider to choose
- Tips for considering having different inboxes
- How to warm up your brand new account today
- How to prepare your lists and send the right message to the right prospects
- Figuring out a way to combine cold email with warm emails (existing clients, inbound leads or mouse & whiskers)
- Why starting slow with your new account is important
- Ensuring better deliverability by sending plain messages initially with no tracking
As you can see, there are new metrics on what should get delivered and what is spam. At the end of the day, we need to think a little bit like content marketers – it just needs to be good stuff, and you need to send a cold email that delights your prospect in order to give yourself a best chance of inboxing. If you are serious about making money with cold email, make sure it’s a prospect’s day when you are reaching up to them if you want a successful campaign.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack