Hey, folks! As promised, we are bringing you an interview with the founder of a successful startup company that used cold outreach to grow their business. Our guest is Cody Littlewood, the founder of Codelitt, a company that helps corporations innovate at startup speed. Let’s hear some of his advice. Enjoy!
HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS CODY ANSWERED:
- At what point did you use cold outreach as a strategy to acquire new customers and grow your business?
- Did you use outbound or networking to expand your contact list?
- What were the numbers for different strategies – emails per lead, persons contacted in the same company, amount of research for highly targeted accounts?
- What was the approach for highly targeted accounts?
- Can targeting specific campaigns by the industry personalize a message better than templates?
- How successful were you with the outbound in the beginning in terms of handling a lot of rejections?
- When you hired professional sales people, what was different than what was done before?
- How long did you wait to hire them and how long did it take them to be successful?
- What kept you going and why did you keep on trying?
- How did you manage to find good salesperson?
- What was exceptionally helpful for you and your business?
Cody gave us really good takeaways, highly recommended that you invest heavily in a sales force in your startup and also in books that can change everything for you. Check out the top of his list and good luck with your cold email campaigns!
Jeremy and Jack