Hey folks, today we are tearing down emails that sounded promising, but made us unhappy. Let’s see why.
Subject line: Jeremy and Jack, your podcast is one of the best!
Hey Jeremy and Jack,
I know my name is as familiar to you as 去做就对了 to a non-Chinese-speaking person, so let me quickly introduce myself.
I’m Jakub, Marketing Specialist from CrazyCall. This means I write blog posts and funny emails for a living.
That being said I recently published an article on 41 Best Sales Podcasts Every Sales Pro Should Listen to Weekly. And the reason why I’m messaging you is that I included Cold Email Outreach in the roundup. It’s on the 23rd position (random order).
I hope you’re happy with the mention – if not, please tell me why and I’ll make changes.
Also – assuming you’re happy with the credits – I will highly (think Mount Everest) appreciate it if you share the article with your audience.
Okay, no more busying you.
Wish you a great week,
PS 去做就对了 is a Chinese for Nike’s Just Do It.
Follow Up 1
re: Your podcast on the list of the best
It’s a second email you get from me in one week so I bet you must be thinking – Is he trying to just clatter my Inbox?
Not at all! And let me tell you why…
A few days ago I emailed you to say that I included your podcast in my newest article on 44 Best Sales Podcasts Every Sales Pro Should Listen to Weekly. Yours is on the 23rd position (random order).
This email, of course, is not to make you check it out at all costs.
On the other hand, I would highly appreciate it if you could take a look to review the credits.
If you’re happy with them, that’s great. If not, please tell me why and I’ll make changes.
I know that Inbox (besides the empty sink) is the place that is most prone to get filled in the shortest time. Thus, I hope this email will come in helpful (assuming you just missed the last one) and won’t be just another piece of the mess.
Wish you a great day,
Follow Up 2
Subject line: Can you please check if that’s right?
Hey Jeremy and Jack,
I know. Third followup. Really, you annoying little #8!%**#!
I’ll keep it as tl;dr as possible. I recently put out the list of 44 Best Sales Podcasts Every Sales Pro Should Listen to Weekly and Cold Email Outreach is on the 23rd position (random order).
Please let me know if you’re happy with the mention. If not, I’m going to apply changes to make it as accurate as possible!
Have a great week,
Subject line: Valuable addition to your blog
I was going through your article on email marketing here: http://emailsthatsell.com/57-email-marketing-tips/. I have an article on Email Blast, which I think will add more value to your article.
A lot of people get it wrong when it comes to properly executing an Email Blast, we have covered this topic in great detail in our article: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/what-is-an-email-blast-how-to-do-an-email-blast-the-right-way/.
In our opinion, making proper email segmentation and creating a targeted email campaign makes all the difference.
Let me know what you think.
You’ll find many great tips in this episode, and also The Fox and The Crow approach was used a lot, but check out our Episode 19 on this subject to find more successful use cases.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack
OTHER TEARDOWN EPISODES:
- Episode #115 – Teardown: More Cold Email Tips for Outsourced IT Agencies
- Episode #106 – Teardown: Improving “Outsourced IT” & SaaS Cold Emails
- Episode #103 – Line-By-Line Teardown on SEO & Technical Cold Emails
- Episode #091 – Teardown: Case Study on Improving Personalization
- Episode #077 – Teardown: Key Takeaways from Good, Bad And Ugly Cold Emails
- Episode #069 – Teardown: Go-2-Market, Nigerian Prince & Link Building Cold Emails
- Episode #061 – 4-part Email Teardown: How to Get a Reply from Jeremy
- Episode #057 – Teardown: Monkeylearn
- Episode #053 – Teardown: Contact Form Outreach
- Episode #048 – Teardown: Wins, Missed Opportunities and Pitfalls to Avoid
- Episode #038 – Cold Recruitment Email Teardown
- Episode #025 – Email Teardown
- Episode #014 – Email Teardown: Snype.io
- Episode #011 – Email Teardown: Casewave
- Episode #004 – Email Teardown: Skillshare