Sending personalized cold email works like magic. But today we talk about the “ethics of automating” and whether or not paying someone to do your sales personalization is a good idea.
Listen in for examples of highly personalized and effective, yet unethical cold emails, ways you can outsource everything without losing sleep or dealing with awkward responses, but also the risks involved in doing all of the personalization yourself. Enjoy!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Automating and personalizing – why it goes wrong and why it’s so easy to forget a human aspect
- Examples of potentially unethical personalization
- The importance of keeping the integrity
- Using gradients of personalization – how to scale it without it raising ethical questions
- How to lean towards more ethical options and set clear lines you don’t want to cross
- How to deal with awkward responses
- The downside of hiring an assistant to speak on your behalf
- The future of personalization – a barrier to entry in cold emailing
Unfortunately, when it comes to ethics, there is no black and white set of rules to guide you, but your own conscience. We hope you now have enough material to help you think through different scenarios. If you have a different opinion, feel free to shoot us an email.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack