Are you afraid of all the bad things that could happen to you and your business by trying cold email? You should be.
In this episode, we racked our brains to figure out the worst possible things that could happen using cold email and we did find a few nasty ones.
So keep calm and find how out to cold email the right way. Enjoy!
HOW COLD EMAIL CAN BACKFIRE:
- Burning a small market with poor messaging
- Losing current customers by sharing different pricing plans
- Getting sued because of laws like GDPR and CASL
- Getting your domain blacklisted
- An industry-famous prospect blowing you up on Twitter
Some people may decide cold email isn’t worth it, but there is an approach that we’ve come to, to figure out if a campaign should be continued or not. It is not necessarily the number of negative replies that you’re getting, but the overall positive impact the campaign is having.
So make sure to take steps to reduce these threats, so that cold email doesn’t backfire on you.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack