We are very grateful to have Derek Sivers on the show this week! He is a writer and entrepreneur, best known as the founder of CD Baby, an online CD store for independent musicians.
He is a very creative man in terms of raw output and making high quality stuff, from music and companies, to books and programming…
We are here to talk about how he connects with people, primarily through the email. Enjoy!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What format Derek recommends for reaching out
- Why you should not ask many questions in your email
- How to ‘humanize’ your inbox
- The best way to introduce yourself to someone
- Why you should not ask for a mentorship
- Why following up is counter-intuitive
- How to deal with rejection
So there we have some pure gold from Derek, telling us why he has an email address on the last page of his book, and what he does with his most interesting connections.
Use these nuggets to polish your knowledge and strike up an engaging conversation.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack
- https://sivers.org/, Derek’s website
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, a book by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Courage To Be Disliked: How to free yourself, change your life and achieve real happiness, a book by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga
Leave a Reply