Let’s say you’ve got a list of your target companies. How do you identify the best person to contact?
Do you reach out to the final user of your product/services, or do you try to contact higher in the hierarchy, hoping the message will be pushed down?
In this cast, we’ll see how to build your list using data, ways to approach different departments and even a surprise mini-teardown on an email that got Jack to reply. Enjoy!
HERE’S WHAT WE COVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The most effective order of persons to contact in a company
- How to make a list with department champions
- Ways to create different selling points for different contacts
- How many people you should reach out to in each company
- How to do a “high level overview” of the company
- Do you start high or low on the company’s job title list and how to pick the right benefit that you present to them
Since every organization is different, there is no sure-fire way to know exactly who to target. So start with a list of job titles based on real customer data. Feel free to jump over to a different department if you need to, but always change the selling point based on your segment. And remember that sometimes it’s the C-levels that reply the most, so don’t keep them out of your scope.
Happy cold emailing!
Jeremy and Jack